Betcha thought I was going to be talking about Seth here... NOPE. It's about me- a girl pushing the upper limits of her 20s, content as content can be wearing flip flops, jeans, and short sleeved shirts.
Once upon a time I imagined I'd be wearing jeans pretty much every day until I died. Well, jeans and cute hippie skirts/dresses. Then I started my Master's program. Fortunately, there is no dress code for online classes so I was still in my element. It was still copacetic :)
Thing is, I start my practicum hours next week-- IN THE SCHOOL. So of course there is the school's dress code to consider (sorry jeans). Unfortunately, I don't own professional attire. Or DIDN'T own professional attire.
Earlier today Ang (bless her heart- seriously. I hate shopping. Add dressy clothes to the mix and it's dangerous territory) met me up on Target Mountain to help me find some grown up clothes. And some heels. I'm 5'0, and understand that fifth graders are taller than me these days. I want to help my "I'm a legitimate teacher" cause and for some reason thought high heels may help. I dunno. Maybe I'll just look like a fifth grader playing dress up in a high school.
On top of having to go professional, I had to find outfits that covered my tat on my forearm. Showing tats as a teacher is a no-no, so I had to find either a) long sleeves or b) things that could easily be matched with a cardigan-esque-mabob. Thank goodness-- I found both! :):):)
I think today was successful. Angie was ridiculously helpful (and a visionary!), and I definitely came home with enough clothes to get me through next week's practicum hours.
I just felt so...grown...up. I mean, I KNOW I'm a grown-up>> I have responsibilities, I'm raising a spunktastic little 3 year old, I pay bills, I consider co-pays when thinking about going to the doctor, I no longer think 30 is old ;) :)
I mean grown up as in "I'm probably going to have to buy an iron....and use it" grown-up. That's intense. cheers! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment