Wednesday, July 6, 2011

energy

So I'm reading this book called The Happiness Project.  So far it's okay.  Kind of boring, to be honest, but okay.  I like the idea of it.  Even if a person is happy, can he or she be MORE happy?  If so, what must he or she do to accomplish that?  That's basically the essence of the book.  She's happy, but she knows she can be more irritable than she should be at times, and she wants to be more grateful, more peaceful.  I think that relates to a lot of folks these days (on the other hand, a lot of people just tend to hate life and want to rain on every parade they can).

She starts the book by saying what she's doing is not necessarily what everyone else should be doing, but she's aiming to make happiness work for HER.  When I started reading I had no intention of starting any happiness project of my own; the book just looked interesting (again, it's actually kind of boring so far.  I hope it gets more entertaining-- but the concept is fascinating).

Her first month is dedicated to finding more energy...and to do that, among other things, she felt she needed to clear clutter-- mental and physical.  For some reason I woke up at 5am yesterday.  And after laying in bed for an hour trying to go back to sleep, I decided to get up and just do something.  So I did some laundry..and the dishes...and cleaned out my car...organized my kitchen...swept and mopped the downstairs...and dusted.  All before 7:30.  I thought I would be konked out by 8am (when I actually need my energy because that's when my sidekick starts to stir), but I wasn't!!!  I actually had energy allllll day yesterday!!  Could be a total fluke, but I think she was on to something when she talked about clearing out clutter.  I can get really down when I know I have a lot to do and don't really know where to start.  Amazing how just doing SOMETHING can energize me. And when all of those somethings are done?  It's a beautiful feeling!  cheers! :)

1 comment: