Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winchester, I love you. Seriously.



So I used to live in Winchester, VA.  Loved it.  While I was born and raised Morgantown, WV, Winchester felt like home.  I do not have an ill memory of the place (I lived there for 2 years)-- sighs.

As life would have it, I'm back in Morgantown (and truth be told, at this point in time I'm pretty happy about that fact- it's been so helpful!)...but it doesn't mean I love Winchester any less.  When I lived there, I was certain I could spend the rest of my days in that quaint little artsy town, which is actually a lot like Morgantown [only flatter, sunnier, warmer, and with less students and more farmer's markets].  Yesterday Seth and I snuck over there for a birthday party.  His friend Josh was turning 4, and it was the perfect opportunity for us to make our way back over that mountain range to catch up on life with a few friends.  We had last gone down in November (I think?  Maybe it was December...the months fell together a bit this year), so we were definitely due for another trip.

So yesterday afternoon I got to watch my kiddo have a blast playing in CFA with some of his little buddies + I got to meet a new addition to some friends' family + I got to catch up with Jennifer, who is in charge of the children's ministry at GCC (she totally rocks and I love her heart for God and kids!).

Then last night I got to drive out to the middle of nowhere Brett & AJ's...after the kids unwound a bit we put them to bed and uncorked some vino [I love trying new wines, and trying them with friends is even better!  THIS stuff is delicious, and if you're into Malbecs you might want to try THIS >> a bit sharp for my liking though...]

Sidenote: in case you're wondering, THIS is my current fave red, and I'm pretty sure I could pair it with a poptart...it's that tasty.

So of course with good wine there's good conversation...or at least there should be! If there's not, get outta there!  In this case, the conversation was sublime.  I friggin' love the Huffmans! 

All in all we stayed up way too late and our kids got up way too early.  Yay :)

We drove back into town to catch the 9:30 service at GCC-- it was so good to see people I haven't seen since JULY!  EEEEK!  And after the service Seth and I loaded up into the Kia and let those country roads take us home.

I said it there and I meant it there and so I'll say it here and I mean it here>> of course I don't know where life will be leading me over the next couple of years...but when I get my teaching degree, you better bet that it would make me pretty tickled to land a job over in Winchester....that place will forever (foreva eva?) hold a super special place in my heart!  cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Next time you're in town let me know! Makayla still talks about her buddy Seth. Sad we've missed you all these visits :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you said you had a Ford...when did you get a Kia? I was in Winchester for some baby shopping a few weeks ago...I totally get the love affair.

    ReplyDelete