Thursday, March 31, 2011

Feels Like Home to Me (!!!!!)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!  Guess who's blogging from her new digs??  Yeah, ME!!!  And...it...is...glorious.  Seriously, I'm in love with this house.  Every room makes me smile so hard and suits my style pretty perfectly. 

Getting in here was literally a marathon effort.  Ang showed up at my old place around noon on Friday (last week) and literally-- we packed, loaded, hauled, unloaded, and unpacked for a solid 14 hours.  It was just the two of us, and at the end I couldn't believe what we had just done!  We moved almost EVERYTHING- including the heavy stuff like the queen mattress + bed, twin mattress/boxspring, couch, TV, leather lounge chair, and air conditioner.  We just didn't stop (well, we did for lunch at my parents house, but that was to pick up the twin mattress- so it was a 'working lunch').  Dinner was all of five minutes scarfing down Jimmy John's (om nom nom NOM!) and 5 hour energy drinks.  It was an intense effort.  So intense, in fact, that in the end we were SO TIRED that neither of us felt an urge to crack open that bottle of cab sav that was hanging out in the new wine rack we had just installed (and how many times can I use 'that' in a sentence?).  And if you know me and Ang, you know that's saying something.

We fell into bed in the new place around 2:30 Saturday morning-- but then we kept talking.  I can't remember the last time I had a slumber party!  I DO remember looking at my phone and seeing '4:30'...then looking at my phone and seeing '7:30'>> blech!  But it was back to it with another day of decorating, rearranging, and cleaning.  By Saturday night the entire house was just glorious.  It felt like Seth and I had been living here for weeks!  Seriously in house love.

So we've been here for about a week and we are all settling in nicely.  Seth LOVES his new 'big bed' (moved up from a toddler to a twin), even though when jumping on it the first day he moved the slats and caused the bed to 'break'...being that we are definitely living in a place where bed jumping is allowed, I quickly dismantled the bed and he is down to the boxspring/mattress on the floor- which he is fine with :)  Bell and Poncho love the new HUGE yard and Hunter is having fun exploring (although I think he is missing the cats from down the street.  SIDENOTE: Seriously, I thought cats only fought when coming in contact with each other.  However, the old neighborhood cats would walk around, play, and sleep together!  It made me smile.).

We are out of the other house officially, and I'm quite glad to be done with that place.  It's a huge weight off my shoulders, and I'm just so so so so happy to be focusing on only one place again!

I actually went over and picked up a few last things there today, which will sit in the dining room until this weekend when I get the energy to find places for them.  After that, hopefully I'll be able to post a photo house tour! 

Again and again, my heart is thankful to the people who helped me make my house a home.  Painting, shelf-lining, curtain hanging, light fixture changing, furniture donating, fence building, packing, moving, unpacking, visiting, celebrating.... it's so humbling when I think of the people who invest in me.  I am beyond blessed. cheers!

1 comment: