Up until today, I did not have a single tool in my house. I literally used a butter knife for a flat head screw driver at one point (feel free to call me MsGyver...). However, when you're contemplating using a DVD case and a strong fist to put a picture hook into the wall, it's time to pony up.
So I went researching tool kits(just briefly)-- I wanted something practical (I only needed basic household tools for basic household jobs), affordable, and preferably vibrant. Originally, I was going to get THIS, but after scouring the internet I found that many reviewers said the materials were obviously cheap, plastic-y, etc. And on top of that, I had never heard of Apollo tools (not that I'm handy by any means, so that statement is pretty much worthless).
Then I stumbled onto THIS and kind of got giddy. It had everything I needed for 'around the house' projects, came in at less than 50 beans (w/ tax), had lime green accents AND was a brand I knew! This kit received great reviews, so I pretty much immediately purchased it at sears.com and picked it up a few hours later. Wahoo!
So that's what it looked like when I got home. This is what it looked like 30 seconds later:
Notice that the included tray is missing. Guess they forgot to include it, but I'll be contacting Craftsman to hook me up. The funny thing about these tools is that the green actually ranges from said lime green to banana green to pea soup green-- kind of a bummer, but they're still fun just the same.
Overall, I'm super stoked about my first "I plan to do a lot of DIY stuff" purchase. Now I just need to get into my new place (1ish week!!!!) and get crackin'! cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment