So for the past few weeks I've been doing a drug study (malaria meds- woo to the hoo)>>two in-house stays (I'm on my second) with visits in between. Because I am currently wearing a heplock (kind of like a needle that just stays in your skin so they don't have to keep re-poking you), it has been almost 48 hours since my last shower. Yes, my hair is a greasepit and I stink.
We're required to be up by 5:30 am and in our seats not long after that. Our seats are leather executive chairs, but we have to sit up straight with both feet on the floor--and NO SLEEPING!--...oh, and bathroom trips are monitored, as is water consumption. It's annoying, but it's really not THAT bad-- the nurses are really nice and I like the people who sit around me... but I'm ready to go home (tomorrow at 8am marks 60 hours in drug study lockdown) :)
I have a little over 12 hours left, and I am so excited to get back to my regular, crazy, beautiful life:)
No comments:
Post a Comment