Monday, February 28, 2011

Are you sirius?

OK, so when I got my Kia a few months back (Laura- it's a forte, and I am in LOVE.  my fave car EVER- and I've had a lot!), it came with a free 3 month trial to Sirius radio.  My mom has Sirius in her car, but her station is pretty much permanently set to Margaritaville... so really I've never been exposed to this idea of satellite radio.  Paying for radio?  You must be kidding.

Well, that's what I thought for the first 2.5 months of my trial.  Then I realized that when my trial expired I'd go back to listening to music with COMMERCIAL BREAKS (gasp!) and signal fadings (boo.).  Then I got why people pay for it.... but $12.95 a MONTH is ridiculous, even for a newly bred sirius lover like myself.

Then I got a little envelope in the mail (okay, it was actually standard business size and had the words SIRIUS and ALMOST OVER! stamped pretty much everywhere)-- I opened it, and saw the words '5 months for $25'.

That's less than half the original subscription cost!  The thing is, I'm trying to be budget conscious.  But $5 a month is less than a breakfast at burger king.  Yeah, I'm a sucker and I totally took the bait.

And I am still glad I did.  I love my Sirius radio!  I only hit the same few stations (2- light pop hits, 9- 90s pop hits, 12- 2000 + today, 30- Acoustic singer/songwriter, 60- new country, 66- Christian pop + rock), but some of the songs you just can't find on regular radio.  And they're some of my favorites!!!!

I wrote a poem about it:

There once was a girl with car stereo
She used every day to and fro
Sometimes static, commercials, or Eric McGuire would get in the way
She thought about Sirius for which she didn't think she would pay
In her new car came something fresh
And with this girl commercial free music did mesh
When it came time to decide what she should do
She decided that to Sirius she would be true.
The end.

((I didn't really write a poem about it; that took 45 seconds- as fast as my fingers could type and my mind could think of lame words to rhyme with stereo, way, fresh, and do.))

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment