First, the BEFORE:
Why yes, that IS wood paneling. And while at first I didn't like it, it actually grew on me. So much so that I decided to leave it 'as is' and just paint the other three walls...ya know, keep some of the character. It made the fireplace kind of pop off the wall! Way to woo me, wood paneling :) I'm totally kidding. I hate wood paneling with a passion, and it was honestly the first wall that was painted in the house! And now, the AFTERS::
These are my 'babies' of the room>> one of the main reasons I love the room so much! I ended up ordering a vanilla-colored faux leather futon, and it suits the room pretty much perfectly! The green accent pillows are constantly used by Poncho as a dog bed or by Seth as 'bombs'-- so more often than not, they are flat on the couch or strewn over the floor. The coffee table is pre-loved, and will eventually be replaced by something with a little more character. Oh, and the braided rug!!! My friends have this gorgeous braided rug in the living room of their house, and it just perfectly sets the 'homey' factor. Bonus is that it was on clearance! Wahoo!!!So if I lived by myself, that's what the room would look like...but I don't, so extend the room to include the kiddo and dogs please:
Above is the view you would get if you were standing in the corner by Seth's kitchen. The fireplace is non-functioning, but I love it jsut the same. It gives me a great place to display some treasures (including a mosiac made by my bff which says 'As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord' and a tin piece of art which quotes Lao Tzo: "The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."). Finally, a view from the dining room:
Poncho wasn't okay with Bella getting all the blog love, so he ran into every shot from this angle :) This house is magical. And by that I mean I just love it. There is so much natural light that we don't even use lamps during the day. And I love love LOOOOVE the variation in the floors-- makes me smile :) cheers!
I was seriously concerned about your love for wood paneling there for a minute. Ha! :) Lookin' good!
ReplyDelete